18 March, 2006

great, amazing and human...

I talked to Nana today. I guess that wouldn't be such a strange thing except for the fact that it happened in a cemetary and I don't think that I have ever visited her grave by myself. It felt like such a grown-up, respectful thing to do but I guess I also just wanted to be there and have the option of a conversation that I was never able to have with her in person. It was cold there today and windy and kind of forlorn but also sort of restful. After spending the day with that side of the family, it felt more complete by stopping to talk to her. Aunt Irene showed me some great pictures of Nana today and I was reminded of what a great, amazing, human woman she was. It reminded me once again of one of the reasons that my mom is a great, amazing, and human woman. It came from her mom. I hope that someday when I am farther along in life that someone will say that I am a great, amazing, and human woman. I think it's a pretty neat compliment. And I'll be able to say that it runs in the family.

1 comment:

Snwwhite said...

I can already say that you are a great, amazing, human woman friend - I'm sure you will be even more amazing later in life. I am so thankful to have you as a friend! -me