Many thanks to Jon for introducing me to the music of The Beatles. I can't believe I've never discovered them before the past 6 months but love that I know about them now. I'm really enjoying The Beatles album "1" and also their new album with the music from the Circue De S'oleil (I know I misspelled that badly!) show, "Love". Every time I hear Yellow Submarine, it reminds me of summer days in Florida and yellow flowers for some reason. I like summer days and yellow flowers though, so being reminded of them is fine with me. I do think it's kind of funny though that Sir Paul is still such a current celebrity that People magazine would publish a picture of him in a bathing suit on a dock in Jamaica. Seems kind of silly to me but then I did remember the picture so I guess I can see why they put it in there. :)
I saw Dreamgirls today and loved it! Such a good movie-good acting, great singing and really cool costumes. I guess that makes for a good musical, doesn't it? I love that musicals are seeing a resurgence in popularity. Whoever thought of them in the first place is a genius who I am indebted to for hours of movie-watching enjoyment. I think I could watch "Singing in the Rain" over and over again and never get tired of the scene where they mess up the vocal tracks and the girl is saying "Yes yes yes" with her lips but "no no no" is what the audience heard. Great movie-long live musicals!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
love the new look dahling - love you!
Did you forget about the Beatles' remembrance concert we went to at the Dome after the baseball game a couple of summers ago? That was the 40th anniversary of the Beatles's first concert at Shea Stadium. If I recall, you weren't too impressed - it was early Beatles, of course. My favorite is "Rubber Soul."
Love ya,
Mom
Bekah... I like the new layout. I also like this new comment box! Speaking of musicals, I liked the Scrubs musical- a half hour musical is a fun thing too!
Post a Comment