08 February, 2008

Memorable moments...


I was thinking today about memorable moments in my life. It seems to me that they are most often the ones that I don't anticipate but that catch me by surprise. When I still lived in PA, my old roommate and I escaped to the Jersey Shore for a weekend and I had a really memorable moment on a dock looking out at Stone Harbor. I think what made it memorable was how peaceful it was at that moment but also how unexpected it was. Karen and I didn't plan that weekend that much. We just decided to go and we went. The picture above is my view from that dock.




Another memorable moment was sitting under a tree outside a castle in Germany with Christine. When I planned that trip, I didn't think through how amazing it would be to finally be in Europe with my best friend. It just sort of hit me as we were having our picnic on a gorgeous spring day outside of a castle. Such a great moment.




And then there was this one time when I was with Joel and Bethany when Jack was still a little baby. He woke up early one morning and I went to bring him in to Bethany. He was so sleepy and snuggly at that moment. He just snuggled down in my arms and I wanted to stay that way forever.




I had a memorable moment this week with my kids of the week that I have been caring for. We were eating tacos and something the youngest said made all of us laugh so much. It was an inconsequential conversation but the laughter of the moment was just great.




All of those times happened on the spur of the moment and usually I don't realize how great they are until afterwards.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are the moments you cherish forever...i'm so glad that you came to visit me in Germany - it was memorable for me too!! love you my dear friend!

Joe and Terri said...

Looking forward to memorable moments with you in the future.
Mom